When it comes to the running of the salon there are a lot of new procedures I MUST follow with no exceptions. These are rules set out by the government to help minimise your time in the salon as much as possible.
1) Virtual consultations - if you have access to a smart phone or computer I will be booking you in for a video call so that when you come in for your appointment I can get straight into your service. If you do not have access to video calls then it will be a telephone consultation
I will need your email address and will send you a covid-19 form to be filled in and returned. This will have an information section asking for your contact details and asking if you have knowingly been exposed to covid, do you have a temperature etc etc. This is in line with the governments track and trace policy and I must keep it on file for 21 days.
2) You must arrive on time to your appointment. Not early and not late. If you are early I will have to ask you to wait out side until I call you in to the building. You must be alone, only one person in at a time (with the exception of children’s appointments)
3) When you arrive there will be a covid-19 station at the door. This will contain: An area for you to hang coats and umbrellas if needed, hand sanitizer and sealed client packs
These sealed client packs will be charged at two price structures Option one - £2.50 a plastic disposable gown, gloves and a mask
Option two - £7.50 a material gown which you can take home and wash and bring back for your next appointment (more environmentally friendly), gloves and a mask. (Mask and gloves are optional to wear but I have to make sure I provide these for you in case you require them)
4) There will be NO drinks offered to you so please feel free to bring your own in a disposable bottle or cup. No flasks or containers that are not disposable will be permitted I am able to supply you water from the water cooler in the room with a disposable cup but this is all I will be able to offer you Please refrain from bring anything in with you that is not necessary and to keep mobile phones in your pocket or handbag through the duration of the appointment.
5) I ask that you make sure you go to the bathroom at home before you come for your appointment. If you do need the little girls/boys room then I will provide disposable towels for you to use to dry your hands
6) I have to use disposable towels or if not able to (if your hair is too thick or too long) then ALL towels will be washed on a 90 degree wash
7) I have invested in a new piece of equipment which sanitises ALL my equipment used on each client before I reuse it on the next. It is a LED/UV sanitiser which is backed by the government and the British Hairdressing Council as being the covid-19 safe
8) Everything that you and I touch now has to be completely sanitised before the next client can arrive, so when booking an appointment I shall be adding on around 15-30mins to accommodate the new routines
9) You will notice that I will be wearing a full face shield that has to come under my chin 10) Contactless or card payments only please unless previously agreed
11) under the regulations I have to ask you to remember M.E.N. Do not touch your Mouth, Eyes and Nose whilst in the building.
For those of you having colour, a skin test is required at least 48hrs prior to your appointment. I know you have all been having colour with us fora while but because of the new guidelines it is a must for everyone new and regular, to be retested
Vikki Would Love to Have You Visit us at Obsession Hair and Beauty Soon!
Tue and Wed: 9am - 6pm Thur and Fri: 9am - 8pm Sat: 8am - 4pm