UPDATE ON RE-opening
Apologies for the long post, but it is very important that you read it carefully through to the end.
2020 has been hard for so many of us. I have had to make some very difficult choices over the last few months, which will be life changing for myself as well as the business and the Team. Obsession Hair and Beauty is still a business and I will still be trading, but not in the same format as the last 5yrs
Due to covid-19 I have had to make the decision to permanently close the Emsworth salon and after close discussions with them, make the girls redundant.
I have made this decision because we are now in a world were we can only have 1 client in at a time, with a limited amount of staff per day due to the distancing rules. Also currently I am not able to re-open the beauty side of the business.
With rising overhead costs, sadly this makes the salon no longer viable.
I was in a fortunate situation where my lease was ending in August of this year and after much discussion with the girls and the accountant and the landlords, I've had to put my ‘big girl’ pants on and make some tough choices.
It has been a devastating decision to make, however, I believe whole heartedly that I made the right one for me and the girls for all of our futures.
I have spent the last 3-4 weeks trying to call every one of you personally to explain what is happening, but I am running out of time, hence this lengthy post. So apologies if I have not been able to call you as yet.
As you can imagine, it has been an emotional rollercoaster this last two months.
You haven't heard the last of the girls,
Natalie is going to be a mobile stylist which I believe most of you already knew she was anyway.
For anyone still wanting to use Natalie please call her direct on 07917684015
Violet has also decided to become a mobile stylist, being self employed is a great move for her currently. If you would like to continue with Violet please contact her on 07772033426
Lisa has decided to go back to Regis in Chichester where she worked before she moved to is at Obsession. To continue with Lisa please call Regis Chichester on 01243527676
As for me, I would love to see you all still to service your hair needs. So please contact me on 07979366317 to get your hair (and then beauty when we can) needs booked in.
I am really excited to start the next chapter of the business and I know this will make the business stronger.
I have moved Obsession Hair and Beauty back to where it all started 10yrs ago, to my home in Hambrook.
To begin with it will be within the house which has a fully functioning hair salon and beauty room.
This is a temporary measure so that I can start work as of the 4th July.
HOWEVER, watch this space as I have put in planning permission with Chichester District Council to convert our garage into a commercial property so I can have a beautiful hair and beauty salon there within the next year or two.
All those on our waiting list please bear with me, I am trying to work my way through you all now.
How will the salon work?
When it comes to the running of the salon there are a lot of new procedures I MUST follow with no exceptions.
These are rules set out by the government to help minimise your time in the salon as much as possible.
1) Virtual consultations - if you have access to a smart phone or computer I will be booking you in for a video call so that when you come in for your appointment I can get straight into your service.
If you do not have access to video calls then it will be a telephone consultation
I will need your email address and will send you a covid-19 form to be filled in and returned. This will have an information section asking for your contact details and asking if you have knowingly been exposed to covid, do you have a temperature etc etc. This is in line with the governments track and trace policy and I must keep it on file for 21 days.
2) You must arrive on time to your appointment. Not early and not late. If you are early I will have to ask you to wait out side until I call you in to the building. You must be alone, only one person in at a time (with the exception of children’s appointments)
3) When you arrive there will be a covid-19 station at the door. This will contain:
An area for you to hang coats and umbrellas if needed, hand sanitizer and sealed client packs
These sealed client packs will be charged at two price structures
Option one - £2.50 a plastic disposable gown, gloves and a mask
Option two - £7.50 a material gown which you can take home and wash and bring back for your next appointment (more environmentally friendly), gloves and a mask.
(Mask and gloves are optional to wear but I have to make sure I provide these for you in case you require them)
4) There will be NO drinks offered to you so please feel free to bring your own in a disposable bottle or cup. No flasks or containers that are not disposable will be permitted
I am able to supply you water from the water cooler in the room with a disposable cup but this is all I will be able to offer you
Please refrain from bring anything in with you that is not necessary and to keep mobile phones in your pocket or handbag through the duration of the appointment.
5) I ask that you make sure you go to the bathroom at home before you come for your appointment. If you do need the little girls/boys room then I will provide disposable towels for you to use to dry your hands
6) I have to use disposable towels or if not able to (if your hair is too thick or too long) then ALL towels will be washed on a 90 degree wash
7) I have invested in a new piece of equipment which sanitises ALL my equipment used on each client before I reuse it on the next. It is a LED/UV sanitiser which is backed by the government and the British Hairdressing Council as being the covid-19 safe
8) Everything that you and I touch now has to be completely sanitised before the next client can arrive, so when booking an appointment I shall be adding on around 15-30mins to accommodate the new routines
9) You will notice that I will be wearing a full face shield that has to come under my chin
10) Contactless or card payments only please unless previously agreed
11) under the regulations I have to ask you to remember M.E.N. Do not touch your Mouth, Eyes and Nose whilst in the building.
For those of you having colour, a skin test is required at least 48hrs prior to your appointment. I know you have all been having colour with us fora while but because of the new guidelines it is a must for everyone new and regular, to be retested
Many thanks for reading until the end, stay safe and hope to see you all soon
Love Vikki xx